Will you be traveling via Cebu Pacific? Read Cebu Pacific Rules on Hand Carry and Checked Baggage.
Passengers flying on board Cebu Pacific must be aware of the airline rules on how many pieces of hand carry baggage or checked bags allowed per guest. Also important is to know what not to bring during the trip to avoid inconveniences.
Also shared on this post are information on the sports equipment, surfboard, musical instruments a passenger is allowed to bring during the trip and list of goods/ object not permitted to be brought into the plane.
The allowed hand carry baggage of Cebu Pacific is only 1 piece not exceeding 7 kilos in weight. Carry-on baggage size/ dimension: 56 cm x 36 cm x 23 cm. This must fit inside the overhead bin and must be stowed personally by the passenger.
Cebu Pacific Rules: Hand Carry and Check Baggage
Cebu Pacific Hand Carry Baggage
However, an exception of the 1 -piece hand carry baggage shall be allowed for the following:
- Extra bag for parents/ guardians traveling with children
- Passenger’s medical related need: crutches, walking stick, prosthetic devices, and personal wheelchair.
- Gadget or food that cannot be accepted for check-in
- Small bag that fit under the seat
- Items bought inside the airport with receipt of purchase to be presented to the boarding gate agent.
Including the exceptions mentioned above, a passenger is allowed a maximum of 2 pieces hand carry baggage with total combined weight of seven (7) kilos or less.
A Gate Baggage Fee shall be charged and collected to guests who are carrying hand carry baggage more than the allowed piece count, size, and weight.
Cebu Pacific Checked Baggage
The new Cebu Pacific check baggage ruling on number of pieces and maximum weight of checked baggage allowed for every flying guest took effect last April 2022. Under the new regulation, passengers can purchase a maximum of two (2) pieces baggage in total via the CEB Prepaid Baggage. Any combination of twenty (20) kilos and thirty- two (32) kilos can be availed.
Checked baggage maximum weight is 32 kilos. Any excess in number of pieces, size and weight shall be charge Extra Bag Fee, Oversized Baggage Fee, or Excess Baggage Fee respectively.
To save on baggage fees, purchase CEB Prepaid Baggage Allowance during booking or through Manage Booking up to two (2) hours prior to flight departure schedule. After that, Airport Baggage of 20 kilograms one (1) piece option is available up to one (1) hour before departure.
Walking canes and baby strollers can be checked in for free.
For a Fee, Special Baggage are allowed for check in at Cebu Pacific aircrafts. Accepted for check-in are special baggage like surfboard, musical instruments, sports equipment, and oversized bags.
Various types of surfboards are allowed for check in provided these are packed up in a case or properly covered for dents and scratches Acceptable length for surfboard is 4 ft.
Only one (1) Surfboard product is allowed per guest sector.
The following sports equipment are accepted as checked baggage provided it is packed properly and securely. List of Sports Equipment allowed for check in
- Scuba/ Diving Equipment– should be securely packed in a hared shell container specifically designed for shipping. No scuba tanks. Buoyancy control regulators/ devices may be hand carried if it conforms to prescribed dimensions for overhead bins.
- Bicycles– It must be placed in a hard-shell container specifically designed for shipping with handle bard fixed sideways, tires deflated, pedals removed.
- Bowling Balls- allowed for check- in are 2 bowling balls and 1 pair of bowling shoes securely wrapped in a bowling bag.
- Fishing Equipment– Must be retractable for transport and placed in a hard- shell container especially designed for shipping.
- Golf Clubs– The bag and clubs must be enclosed in a hard-shell container designed for shipping.
Purchase of CEB Surfboard or CEB Sports Equipment is available at the time of booking, thru ticket offices, third-party sales offices and during Manage Booking.
Only one (1) Sports Equipment is permitted per guest per sector.
Musical Instruments or Religious Goods
Musical instruments and religious items are permitted on board the plane provided it meets cabin dimension of 576 cmx 36 cm x 23 cm with a maximum weight of 7 kilos. This will be part of hand carry allowance which is 1 bag per passenger.
In case the musical instrument or religious item exceeds the piece restriction and dimension, the passenger needs to purchase an extra seat for the item at the airport.
Firearms, Ammunition, and Other Weapons
For a fee, Cebu Pacific allows carriage of firearms, ammunition, and other weapons for domestic trips only.
Documents Required When Bringing Firearms.
When a passenger is bringing his/ her personal firearm, the following documents are needed to be presented when required by authorities.
- Valid ID (Government issued IDs, Service/ Agency ID
- Valid Firearms License
- Valid Permit to Carry Firearms Outside of Residence
- Valid Permit to Transport Firearms and Ammunitions (for firearms not covered by the former and for Gun Club members).
Active members of law- enforcement agencies and uniformed personnel are exempted to pay the fees upon presenting a Valid Mission Order.
Dangerous goods are objects, items, materials, or substances that may endanger the aircraft, or the guests onboard the plane. These are not allowed to be hand carried or checked in.
Below is the list of dangerous goods not allowed on a plane:
- Explosives, flammable, or non-inflammable gas (such as aerosol paints, butane gas, lighter refills) Refrigerated gas (such as filled aqualung cylinders, liquid nitrogen)
- Flammable liquids (such as paints, thinners, solvents)
- Flammable solids (such as matches, fire lighters)
- Organic peroxides (such as resins)
- Infective substances (such as viruses, bacteria)
- Radioactive material (such as radium)
- Corrosive materials (such as acid, alkali, mercury, thermometer)
- Magnetic substances, oxidizing materials (such as bleaches) Weapons such as antique firearms, swords, knives, and similar items*. Such items may only be allowed in checked baggage at the airline’s absolute discretion for very special reasons
Do you need more information on travel and promo fares? Like and Follow our Facebook page: Piso Fare Promo Ticket for more travel tips and updates and airline seat sale for 2022- 2023!
Till next post